Epotec is not a conventional epoxy paint as the ones used for painting floors, steel surfaces, etc. It is a pool grade epoxy paint which can remain immersed in water for long periods of time without disintegrating. The paint is also not affected by UV rays of the sun, chemicals, body fats, lotions, etc. Hence, epotec is the ideal epoxy paint for waterproofing the inner walls of swimming pools. This is a high grade paint which should be purchased from only specialist epotec epoxy paint suppliers Sydney. Whether you have a concrete swimming pool or fiberglass swimming pool for domestic or commercial use, epotec epoxy paint coating is the best choice for waterproofing.
How does it provide waterproofing?
Let us take the example of concrete swimming pools. Waterproofing the inner walls of the pool is necessary during concrete swimming pool construction. This is because pool water invading the concrete walls of the pool causes corrosion of the steel reinforcements of the pool along with other damages such as concrete cancer. Therefore, the walls need to be waterproofed. Epotec concrete swimming pool paint coating forms an impermeable barrier over the concrete surface which does not allow pool water to leak through the inner walls. Epotec forms a hard wearing coat which lasts for 7-14 years. Thus, it is a highly efficient concrete swimming pool coating Sydney.
Epotec coating also prevents the development of hydrostatic pressure. Hydrostatic pressure is caused when the concrete mass is in direct contact with liquid water. Hydrostatic pressure causes many capillaries to be created in the concrete through which liquid water moves inside the concrete. Coating the concrete surface with epotec prevents any such problem.
Apart from concrete swimming pools, epotec epoxy paint Sydney is also suitable for waterproofing fiberglass swimming pools.
What is surface preparation?
Surface preparation means making the surface suitable for epotec application. There are many measures which need to be implemented prior to epotec application.
- The surface needs to be cleaned properly. For this, the surface must be washed with detergent. Acid must never be used for cleaning the surface.
- Defective areas must be repaired. Various defects include blisters, softness, worn out areas, etc. The materials used for repairing the defects must be suitable for water immersion. Epoxy filler is available for filling up holes in concrete swimming pools.
- Surface moisture needs to be removed before epotec application.
What are the points to remember during application?
- Epotec must not be applied If the surface temperature falls below 13 degree Celsius . The surface temperature is different from air temperature and can be checked using an infrared thermometer.
- The task of applying the paint coating must be finished by 12 noon in summers and 1 pm in winters. This is because the epotec paint must be cured before evening dew starts affecting it.
- The ideal temperature for application of epotec is 15-28 degree Celsius. Warm and sunny day is highly appropriate for application.
- The surface must be covered properly in case of rains. If the epotec coating gets wet during the curing period, a whitish spot appears on it. Although, the whitish spot does not affect the curing process, it certainly does not make for good aesthetics.
Epotec is available in many attractive colours. It is also very easy to clean and maintain. Hence, epotec coating has become more popular than other waterproof finishes.